Thursday, February 02, 2012

And it goes on and on and on...

Project Afghan continues. I'm now 20 squares in (2/7ths of the way in! Huzzah!), and feeling mildly accomplished. I wish I had more time to devote to it, but I knew this would take a while, and I feel committed to it.

In keeping with its tradition of being contrary, my brain will sometimes start bringing up old projects to taunt me in to straying from the path of commitment. "You remember that sweater you started 5 years ago? The one that would have been huge on you at 9 months pregnant? The one with arms that seem to be best suited for an orangutan? Have you thought about frogging the whole thing, and starting over?" Oh, sure, I don't remember where the pattern is, and I have been crocheting more than knitting lately, but it seems like such a lovely plan!

So far I haven't been swayed by the lure of new, shiny projects. I dabbled a bit with the idea of starting a shawl, but I haven't finished the first one.

So wish me luck. I may have an afghan as a birthday present to myself.

No comments: